Phone: +1 (212) 776-7277
Dr. Shamira Malekar has teaching experience in New York and Mumbai. She is one of the founding members for the Forum of Emotional Intelligence learning (FEIL) and invited member to the Consortium for Research on Emotional Intelligence in Organizations. She has several papers to her credit published in journals of repute and winner of several Best Research Paper awards. Her Thesis on “Emotional Intelligence of School and College Students” was awarded Best Doctoral Paper at IIM Bangalore and Best Thesis at IBS Mumbai.
Business Management and Emotional Intelligence
ESAP Certification: Accredited Emotional Intelligence Trainer 2015
Ph.D. in Management studies 2009
Birla Institute of Technology and Science – Pilani
- This course surveys business and industry in the United States with global growth strategy. Emphasis is placed on building Communication and Quantitative skills, including Excel spreadsheets, and an Ethical Foundation. The course introduces students to concepts in Management, Organizational Structure, Human Resources, Marketing, International Business, Finance, Computer Information Systems, Accounting, and Economics, and encourages students to explore career paths. Required of all Business majors.
- This course is a survey treatment of human resources management attempting to acquaint students with the various aspects of Human Resources Management. It introduces the student to the realm of the Human Resources Manager.
Prerequisite: BUS 104 or BUS 200
Research and Projects
- BMCC Enhanced Learning in the Classroom (ELIC) Grant Fund – Spring 2018
- Service Learning Grant (2016 – 2017), Co-investigator and Faculty participant. Grant amount $3500
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
- 2nd edition, “Success with Emotional Intelligence”, published by Kendall Hunt Publishers is in process for release in August 2020.
- Compiled and Edited – “Emotional Intelligence and Leadership: Summit 2020″
2017 – Authored – “Success with Emotional Intelligence” published by Kendall Hunt Publishers, (ISBN No. 9781524933234, 9781524959616).
2011 – Compiled and Edited – “Emotional Intelligence and Leadership – Better Work and Learning Environments” published by Excel Books, (ISBN No. 978-81- 7446-902-1).
- “A Critical Review of Mental Health Research in Mumbai and New York City” (Under Review), International Journal of Society Systems Science
- “Factors contributing to the gender gap in the literacy rate of Mumbai” (Under Review), International Journal of Gender Studies in Developing Societies
- “Communication within Human Resource Management: A Millennial Approach for Organizations’ (Accepted), International Journal of Transformative Emotional Intelligence, Vol. 5.
- “Organizational Citizenship Behavior: A Review” (Accepted), International Journal of Work Organization and Emotion
- “A Study of the impact of Employee Retention on Organizational Growth” (Accepted), International Journal of Global Strategy Management.
“Cognitive and Non Cognitive Competencies of Selected World Business Changers”, International Journal of Transformative Emotional Intelligence, 4(1), 123-134
“Impact of Various Factors on the Leadership Styles and Performance of Management Graduates in the Corporate World: An Empirical Study”, Anvesha, 7(3), 34-44.
- “An Empirical Study of Employee Satisfaction in Textile Industries”, Journal of Strategic Human Resource Management, 1(1), 38 – 48
- “A Study of Investor Behavior on Investment Avenues in Mumbai”, Asian Journal of Marketing & Management Research, 1(1), 49 -70.
- “Constructing an Emotional Intelligence Radar for Indian School Students”, Educational Research, 2(1), 790-802.
- “Constructing an Emotional Intelligence Radar for Indian Professional College Students”, International Journal of Scientific Research in Education, 4(2), 115 – 130.
- “A Study on Social Responsibility Initiatives and Practices by Selected Management Institutes in Mumbai’, International Journal of Global Management, 2(1), 44-59.
- “Emotional Intelligence – Its Application and Evolution”, Tapasya, 12(1), 47 – 51.
- “An Empirical study on Spiritual Leadership”, Indira Management Review, 5 (2), 43 -56.
- “Understanding Spiritual Leadership: A Path to Achieving Excellence”, IMED’s Journal of Management, 4(2), 45-57.
- “Whistle blower programs – Trends in Training and Development, Gitam Journal of Management, 3(2), 17-30.
- “Determinants of Workmen Engagement: A Study in Some Medium Scale Pharmaceuticals”, SuGyaan – A Journal of Siva Sivani Institute of Management, 2(2), 74 – 88.
- “Corporate Social Responsibility: A Synthesis of Macro and Micro Level interventions Management in the New Millennium”, BVIMR’s IMED Journal of Management, 3(1), 7–24.
- “Spiritual Leadership – A Study on Four Spiritual Leaders”, Indira Management Review, 4(2), 67–80.
- “Factors affecting emotional intelligence: An empirical study of some school students in Mumbai” International Journal of Management in Education, 3(1), 8-28.
- “Whistle blower programs – Trends in training and development, IMED’s Journal of Management, 3(2), 17-30.
- “An empirical study on Emotional Intelligence for some professional college students in India”, SuGyaan – A Journal of Siva Sivani Institute of Management, 1(2), 3-20.
- “Emotional Intelligence – Self Regulation as One of its Factors” Spectrum Kohinoor Business School.
- “Emotional Intelligence – Social Relationships” SFIMR Research Review, 5, 37-47.
- “Factors Affecting Emotional Intelligence: An Empirical Study of Some School and Professional Students in Mumbai” Vilakshan XIMB Journal of Management, 5(1), 23-42.
- “Emotional Intelligence – Self Awareness” Review of Professional Management, 5(2), 46-56.
- “A Study on Emotional Quotient of School Children of Some Schools in Mumbai, India” CJMR – CMRD Journal of Management research, 6(2), 2-15.
- “Emotional Intelligence – Empathy” BVIMR Management Edge, 1(2), 37-47.
- “Predicting HR Planning Ability by EQi Test” Indira Management Review, 1 (1), 15-25.
- “Factors affecting Emotional Intelligence: An Empirical Study of Some School Students in Mumbai” ICFAI journal of Management research 7(8), 27-43.
- “Emotional Intelligence and Self Awareness”, Growth – Journal of Management Training Institute, 35(3), 15-28.
- “Emotional Intelligence – Stress Tolerance”, Indira Management Review, 1(2), 17–26.
Honors, Awards and Affiliations
2019 Women Researcher in Management Award by Indian Academicians and Researchers Association.
2018 Excellence in Research: International Organization for Bene Israelis.
- Best Faculty Award: Mumbai University’s Aruna Manharlal Shah Institute of Management and Research.
- Excellence in Research Award: Bene Israel Stree Mandal.
- Best Paper award: Mumbai University’s IES Institute of Management International Conference.
- Best Paper Award: Mumbai University’s Baba Saheb Gawde Institute of Management conference.
- Best Researcher Award: Tiffereth Israel Synagogue.
- Excellence in Intellectual Capital Award: Mumbai University’s Aruna Manharlal Shah Institute of Management and Research.
- Enriching Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Award: Forum for Emotional Intelligence and Learning.
- K. Prahalad Award for Best Ph.D Thesis Competition: Second National Doctoral Conclave” – ICFAI Business School.
- Best Researcher Award: Eve’s Association.
2009 Best Doctoral Paper Award: Association of Indian Management Scholars (AIMS – 7) International Conference – IIM Bangalore.
2007 Best Paper Award: 4th National HR Conference, ITM – Kharghar.
2005 Best Paper award: 2nd National HR Conference, ITM – Kharghar.
1997 1st Prize for Hebrew for the Secondary School Certificate board in the Xth grade.