Corinne L. Crawford
Phone: +1 (212) 346-8885
Accounting Professor Corinne Crawford is an expert in minimum wage, credit rating agencies, the Glass-Steagall Act, the Dodd-Frank Act, the Earned Income Tax Credit, and online and hybrid learning.
Professor Crawford served as a Senior Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers and KPMG, as well as a controller for a division of the Hitachi Corporation. During that time, she taught accounting as an adjunct professor at Fordham University and Iona College, two of her alma maters. Eventually, Professor Crawford’s focus turned to teaching full-time and she followed her passion to a job as an Assistant Professor at Marymount Manhattan College before joining the BMCC Accounting faculty as an Associate Professor.
Professor Crawford has also guided students in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program at BMCC. Her current special projects center on the Sarbannes-Oxley Act, and she has been published in the CPA Journal and recognized for her work in tax law analysis and strategic tax planning.
Accounting, Auditing and Tax
- B.S. Fordham University, Psychology,
- MEd Iona College, Education,
- M.B.A. Pace University, Accounting,
- The course covers the fundamental principles of accounting and the practical use of accounting tools and techniques. Topics covered include the definition and scope of accounting, accounting records and processes, books of original and subsequent entry, work sheets, adjusting and closing entries, accounting for cash, accounting for negotiable instruments, and accounting for plant assets. An investigation is made of accounting for service businesses and trading concerns.
Note: ACC 122 credit change from 4 credits to 3 credits, effective spring 2014.
Research and Projects
- C. Crawford, B. Cooper, J. Wolfson & W. Donnay, “The Dodd-Frank Regulatory Reform and Consumer Protection Act,” 2010, The CPA Journal,
- C. Crawford, B. Cooper & J. Wolfson, An Update on New Tax Law Changes: 2011 Tax Return Preparation and Strategic Tax Planning for 2012, 2012,The CPA Journal
- Constance Crawford & Corinne Crawford, Corporate inversions: are they tax avoidance schemes or the reaction to an unfair tax system?, 2015,Public and Municipal Finance
Honors, Awards and Affiliations
- Marymount Manhattan College Leadership Award for Service, May 2009
- The Accounting Path Top 10 Accounting Faculty in New York, 2015
Professor Crawford is a New York State Certified Public Accountant