About the Service
Please use the form below to request a book for in-person pickup.
- Before requesting, search the library’s catalog to check that we have the book.
- Only books from the BMCC Library are can be requested. Materials from outside of BMCC can be requested through Interlibary Loan.
- This service is for members of the BMCC Community (Students, Faculty, Staff)
- Books cannot be mailed.
- We cannot scan entire books.
We will contact you if we have any questions about your request. Please include an email that you check frequently; it does not have to be your BMCC email.
You will receive an email when the book is ready. For pickup requests, do not come to pick up your materials until you receive an email from us to say they’re ready. Scanning requests will be emailed when they are available.
Due to campus procedures there may be some delay in processing requests. Materials may take a week or more to be processed before being made available.
Please plan ahead in requesting materials. We cannot accommodate “rush” or “ASAP” requests.
Book Pickup Policies
- Books are provided on a first come, first served basis.
- If the book is already checked-out, you will not be able to request it.
- Books can be picked up Mondays and Thursdays, 10am to 1pm at 100 North Moore Street (gym entrance).
- Please note this is not an ADA-Compliant Entrance. If you you will need assistance when picking up the book, please let us know in the notes.
- The book will already be checked out to you but you will need to provide ID when picking up the book.
- You may use any sort of ID, including BMCC ID, state or government-issued ID, or work ID
- You are responsible for returning the book on time. Check your library account for due dates.
- We will hold the books for two weeks after check-out. After that the book will be checked back in and put back on the shelf. Someone else will be able to request it at this point.
If you need help with the form, you can always ask for help by using the chat on the right hand side of the screen.
Missing, incomplete, or wrong information may delay the processing of your request.