About the Service
Please use the form below to request a book for in-person pickup.
- Pickup will resume on January 11th for Spring 2021.
- Before requesting, search the library’s catalog to locate the information about the book – including the call number of the book – and to confirm that the book is available.
- Only books from the BMCC Library are can be requested. Books from other CUNY Libraries are not available.
- For help searching please consult our guide.
- This service is for members of the BMCC Community (Students, Faculty, Staff)
- Books are for in-person pickup only. Books cannot be mailed.
- If you just need a chapter of a book you can request that we scan it for you. Just let us know on the form which chapter or pages you need and that you’d like them scanned. We cannot scan entire books.
We will contact you if we have any questions about your request. Please include an email that you check frequently; it does not have to be your BMCC email.
For book pickup requests, you will receive an email when the book is ready. Do not come to pick up your materials until you receive an email from us to say they’re ready.
Due to campus procedures there may be some delay in processing requests. Materials may take up to one week to be processed before being made available for pickup.
Please plan ahead in requesting materials. We cannot accommodate “rush” or “ASAP” requests.
- Books are provided on a first come, first served basis.
- If the book is already checked-out, you will not be able to request it.
- Books can be picked up Mondays and Thursdays, 10am to 1pm at 100 North Moore Street (gym entrance).
- Please note this is not an Accessible Entrance. If you you will need assistance when picking up the book, please let us know in the notes.
- The book will already be checked out to you but you will need to provide ID when picking up the book.
- You may use any sort of ID, including BMCC ID, state or government-issued ID, or work ID
- You are responsible for returning the book on time. Check your library account for due dates.
- We will hold the books for two weeks after check-out. After that the book will be checked back in and put back on the shelf. Someone else will be able to request it at this point.
If you need help with the form, you can always ask for help by using the chat on the right hand side of the screen.