A full list of our borrowing policies is on our policies page.
- All current CUNY faculty, students and staff, and retired CUNY faculty can borrow books.
- Borrow and return books to the Circulation Desk at the main entrance of the library (S-410).
- For information on borrowing equipment, please see our Borrowing Equipment page.
- Last Checkout for books is 15 minutes before closing.
You can check the status of items on your account by signing into your Library Account. If you need to renew a book you can renew online from your Library Account, or contact the Circulation Desk for assistance.
- Books may be renewed in person or online, in the library catalog.
- Most books may be renewed once, unless someone else has requested the book.
CLICS Intra-Campus Service
You may borrow books in person at other CUNY libraries, with a valid CUNY ID.
CLICS (CUNY Library Intra-Campus Services) allows students and faculty to request books and have them sent to any campus for pickup.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Faculty, staff, and students who possess a valid and current BMCC ID may request books, articles, and other materials that are not available in the BMCC Library through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
For more information about ILL or to make a request, please visit our ILL page.