Overdue and recall fines are not currently being charged. All books and other materials are being automatically renewed.
- All current CUNY faculty, students and staff, and retired CUNY faculty and Empire State College students can borrow books.
- Borrow and return books to the Circulation Desk at the main entrance of the library (S-410).
- For information on borrowing equipment, please see our Borrowing Equipment page.
- Last Checkout for books is 15 minutes before closing.
All materials are currently being automatically renewed. However, you can also check the status of items on your account by signing into your Library Account.
- Books may be renewed in person or online, in the library catalog.
- Most books may be renewed up to nine times if no one else has requested the book.
- Older editions of textbooks (Special Loan) can only be renewed once.
CLICS Intra-Campus Service
You may borrow books in person at other CUNY libraries, with a validated CUNY ID.
CLICS (CUNY Library Intra-Campus Services) allows students and faculty to request books and have them sent to any campus within 48 hours Monday through Friday.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Faculty, staff, and students who possess a valid and current BMCC ID may request books, articles, and other materials that are not available in the BMCC Library through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
For more information about ILL or to make a request, please visit our ILL page.