Information for submitting requests
- Please confirm that the material you need is NOT available in the BMCC Library Catalog (OneSearch) before placing a request. If you need help please consult a librarian.
- For books available at other CUNY Libraries, please use CLICS instead.
- Log in to the system using your CUNY Login credentials (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you’ve used our Interlibrary Loan system in the past, your account has been automatically updated to use CUNY Login now.
- Books are for in-person pickup only. Books cannot be mailed.
Policies and Procedures
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is open to all current BMCC faculty, staff, and students.
- Please provide as much information as possible about your request.
- The ILL staff will notify the requester via email that material arrived.
- Do not come to pick up your materials until you receive an email from us to say they’re ready.
- Material can be picked up from and returned to the Library Circulation Desk.
- We will hold the materials for two weeks. If it is not picked up in that time we will return the book to the lending library.
- A requester can have 15 active requests at a time.
- Turn around time is at least two weeks. Lending institutions determine loan period and renewal guidelines for material.
- Please submit renewal requests prior to the due date.
- Any fines or lost fees charged by the borrowing library is the responsibility of the borrower. Failure to pay may result in a loss of borrowing privileges at the BMCC Randolph Library.