Information for Faculty
Until further notice, Print Reserves will not be available in the BMCC Library. To put materials on Reserve, please see our page about E-Reserves.
- The BMCC Library purchases course materials from the College Bookstore and puts them on reserve before each semester.
- Please check our catalog to see if we already have the texts on reserve for your course before filling out the form below.
- Faculty can request that heavily-used books (such as required readings or class assignments) be placed on reserve for their classes.
- Due to processing time and high volume, faculty should submit requests at least two (2) weeks prior to the beginning of a new semester. Requests will be dated and processed in the order of their receipt.
- Books not already owned by BMCC Library should be ordered well in advance using the Book Purchase Request Form. This will ensure proper processing and avoid confusion and delay.
- If the library does not own the required books, faculty members may place their personal books on reserve.
- These must also be submitted before the start of the semester. Personal material must be retrieved at the end of the semester.