Welcome to the MEOC
Welcome to the SUNY Manhattan Educational Opportunity Center (MEOC) where you can achieve your academic goals and take your career to the next level. We offer free programs to help you learn English, earn your High School Equivalency diploma, prepare for college and/or train for a career. See if you are eligible
Attend an Admissions Session
This is your first step in becoming a MEOC student. The MEOC faculty and staff are working remotely. Join us for one of our upcoming Virtual Admissions Sessions today.
Virtual Admissions Sessions
- Thursday, March 18, 3 p.m.
- Thursday, March 25, 3 p.m.
- Thursday, April 1, 3 p.m.
- Thursday, April 8, 3 p.m.
- Thursday, April 15, 3 p.m.
- Thursday, April 22, 3 p.m.
- Thursday, April 29, 3 p.m.
If you haven’t finished high school or want to improve your English, we have programs for you. Check out the free academic programs we offer such as:
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- High School Equivalency Preparation
- College Prep
Career Training Programs
We offer free career training programs such as:
- Certified Electronic Health Records
- Certified EKG Training
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant
- Certified Phlebotomy Training
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Hospitality Training
- Security Officer Training
- OSHA 30-Hour for Construction
- Certified Microsoft® Office
- Civil Service Exam Preparation
MEOC Programs Lead to Career Success
Graduates from the MEOC have moved into jobs in healthcare, business, government and nonprofit organizations or have been accepted into many public and private colleges. Read about some of our success stories.