Information for Students
Student Information on COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
- This information has been updated as of January 19, 2023 and replaces all prior information. As updates are received from CUNY or SUNY this page will be updated.
- Manhattan EOC Spring 2023 students who are registered for in-person classes must be fully vaccinated. To be considered fully vaccinated, two-weeks must have lapsed after the last dose for that vaccine series against COVID-19. Students can apply for a religious or medical exemption. Please note that these requests take up to 90 days to process. The CUNY Access Pass via Cleared4 is the system used. More information is below.
- For those students who registered for in-person or hybrid classes that start on January 30, 2023 you have until January 25, 2023 to submit your vaccination information in the Cleared4 system. If you do not, you will be deregistered or withdrawn for lack of the proper health clearance.
- To attend in-person Spring 2023 classes (including hybrid) at the Manhattan EOC students must obtain their CUNY Access Pass via Cleared4. Register with Cleared4 using the specific Manhattan EOC link. Clearance will take up to 2 business days after you register and upload the appropriate information (fully vaccinated record).
- Please review these instructions for step-by-step support in gaining your CUNY Access Pass in Cleared4. If you have taken multiple doses of a vaccine and/or the booster you will need to upload the image of the card for each dose.
- If you would like to be vaccinated there are NYC and NYS operated sites throughout New York City where you can search for a location near you.
- The Governor of New York has mandated that all State University of New York (SUNY) and City University of New York (CUNY) students be vaccinated to return to in-person classes including hybrid offerings.
- If you’re in need of a testing location, look up a New York City COVID-19 Testing Location by your Zip Code.
- Students can request a medical or religious exemption. These requests typically take up to 4 weeks to be processed by SUNY. The Religious Exemption Request Form and The Medical Exemption Request Form can be downloaded from this website. Please submit completed and signed forms to the Director of Student Affairs, Robert Park, at email@example.com.
Schoology, the MEOC Remote Classroom
- The MEOC’s academic classes and ATTAIN Lab are being offered via Zoom and Schoology. Classes will be fully remote, hybrid (include both remote and in-person components), or fully in-person. Check the Program page (click on either Academic or Career Training to get to your program) and/or your student schedule to see if your classes are fully remote, hybrid, or fully in-person.
- Your Schoology course codes will be emailed to you prior to the first day of classes.
- Ask a question by sending an email to MEOC Tutoring at MEOCtutoring@man.eoc.cuny.edu
- Tutoring services will be offered remotely via Zoom. The Tutoring schedule is shared with students via Remind and email. In addition your instructors, Advisors and Counselors also will have the tutoring schedule.
- The MEOC ATTAIN Lab provides additional resources to support your studies including, but not limited to Rosetta Stone® to learn English or another language; Aztec software to improve academic skills and prepare for the High School Equivalency Exam, the Test Assessing Secondary Completion or TASC; and/or Edmentum™ software to improve employability and workforce skills. In addition, you can earn the Microsoft Office Specialist, Microsoft Certified Fundamentals, or QuickBooks® certification.
VIDEO: How to access Gmetrix for Microsoft Practice Certifications
VIDEO: How to access the Language Program Rosetta Stone
How to access the Career Training Program Edmentum
How to access the academic program Aztec Software
- ATTAIN Lab will be offered remotely. By appointment, registered students can receive supportive services in accessing ATTAIN Lab software/platforms and/or other technical assistance related to the supplemental resources available in the ATTAIN Lab.
The MEOC and our faculty and staff use a number of tools to reach our students and provide instruction. One of our communication tools is, Remind. It’s a way to stay in touch with the Center and your instructors directly via text message or email (you choose the method). In addition to Remind it is essential to be sure to check your email regularly and keep a current email address on file. This is the primary way many staff members at the Manhattan EOC communicate with students.
- Manhattan EOC registered students are added to the Spring 2023 semester class as they register for classes. Students can opt out of receiving messages by replying STOP to the initial message. In addition faculty and staff may also use Remind to communicate with students for individual classes or programs at the Center.
MEOC Contact Information
In-person services for students will resume in the Spring 2023 semester by appointment and for those students who present a negative test or voluntarily participate in sharing their vaccination status and utilize the Cleared4 clearance process. To make an appointment with a Manhattan EOC staff member where you don’t know their contact information, please use this directory. If you cannot find the contact information for the person you are looking for reach out to your Advisor, Counselor, the general Admissions email firstname.lastname@example.org or the Remind group if you’ve joined.
Frequently Asked Questions
COVID-19 TESTING & VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
I have in-person or hybrid classes. How do I show proof of vaccination or receive clearance?
The Manhattan EOC follows the CUNY and SNY guidance on vaccinations for students. CUNY and the Manhattan EOC are using the Cleared4 clearance process. Register and upload your documentation in Cleared4. Allow for up to two (2) business days to receive your clearance. Please plan accordingly when scheduling a time to be at the Center. All Spring 2023 students with in-person classes will need to upload proof that they have been fully vaccinated (two-weeks after the last dose of the vaccine).
I need more assistance in registering with Cleared4?
Please review these instructions for step-by-step support.
Where can I get Vaccinated?
NYC and NYS vaccination sites are located throughout the five boroughs. Review the links below for a site near you.
In addition there are vaccination appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays at CUNY in the Heights and right in the Manhattan EOC building in the lobby by Somos.
I am not vaccinated. Can I still come to the Manhattan EOC for in-person classes or services?
All enrolled students need to follow the vaccination policies outlined here and receive a Cleared4 clearance or CUNY Access Pass as mentioned above. Be sure to check the email account that you registered on Cleared4 with for your clearance. Please allow approximately 2-3 days from the date you uploaded information to receive a CUNY Access Pass from Cleared4.
Who do I contact about a medical or religious exemption from the vaccine requirement?
The Religious Exemption Request Form can be downloaded from this website. Please submit completed and signed forms to the Director of Student Affairs, Robert Park, at email@example.com.
The Medical Exemption Request Form can be downloaded from this website. Please submit completed and signed forms to the Director of Student Affairs, Robert Park, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have more questions that are not answered here. Who can I speak to?
Please speak with your Advisor or Counselor.
I’m not an MEOC student. I’m an applicant who needs to take the Admissions Exam (the TABE), do I need to be vaccinated?
Applicants to the Manhattan EOC do not need to be vaccinated.
REMOTE LEARNING INFORMATION
What does “Remote” or “Distance Learning” mean?
At the MEOC remote learning means learning without being in-person. The MEOC uses Schoology as our virtual or remote classroom. This is where your instructors will provide resources, offer their lessons, and stay connection to their students. We encourage students to check their emails regularly for updates from their instructors and utilize the Schoology pages for each of their courses.
How do I know if my classes will be 100% in-person, 100% remote, or hybrid (a mix of both)?
This information will be on your student schedule. You’ll see either a room number or a virtual environment listed. In general, this information is available by program in the Academic and Career Program listing as well. You must click on Academic or Career Training Programs to view the individual programs.
What does hybrid classes mean?
A hybrid class is one that meets in-person for part of the class and remotely for another part of your class.
Do I ever need to come to the Center in-person?
Our admissions exam (the TABE) is an in-person exam that takes up to 4 hours. This exam takes place before you have been admitted when you are an applicant to our program.
Once you’re an admitted student most programs have in-person testing at the end of the term/semester such as certification exams in the Career Training programs, Post-TABE testing, and/or the High School Equivalency Diploma exam. Enrolled students need to be fully vaccinated to attend classes.
Will I be able to meet with my teachers in person during this time?
This depends on whether your classes are 100% in-person, 100% remote, or hybrid. Please refer to your schedule.
I haven’t been getting updates. How do I make sure I’m getting them?
The MEOC primarily uses your email on file to be in touch with you as well as the registered student group in Remind for that semester.
Update your contact information (email address, phone, mailing address) by sending your full name and updated contact information to email@example.com. If you know your Banner ID please include it. If you don’t know it, send the information in anyway.
What is Remind?
Remind is a communication tool that allows administrators, instructors, and students to communicate with each other via text message (SMS), or email on multiple devices (phone, laptop, or tablet). Users do not see one another’s telephone number, so it allows for users to send text messages without knowing the other person’s number – keeping your personal information private. Learn more by going to remind.com. You can also download the App from the Android or Apple store.
How do I “attend” class remotely?
Attendance is required at all courses on your schedule. Plan to attend the remote and/or in-person courses offered by your instructors. In general, remote classes are held via Zoom. Each course will have a Schoology page where more information can be found. If you will need to miss a class, contact your instructors and/or Advisors or Counselors. Four (4) consecutive absences or six (6) total absences can jeopardize your enrollment.
The ATTAIN lab is a great resource. How do we access the ATTAIN Lab?
The ATTAIN Lab Technology Coordinators (LTCs) will have courses in Schoology just like your Academic or Career Training classes. If you’ve never used the MEOC ATTAIN Lab, please complete the Enrollment Form online today.
- Rosetta Stone® is available to ESOL students registered with the lab.
- Aztec software is available to academic prep students looking to earn their High School Equivalency diploma who are registered with the lab.
- Edmentum™ content for academic and career trainings is available for those who registered with the lab.
- Multiple resources are available to students who were registered and are studying for Microsoft® or QuickBooks® certifications.
How can I pick up books?
General hours for the book room are Monday – Friday, 9am – 4:45pm.
Who do I ask for help?
We’re happy to assist you. Who to reach depends on your need or question.
- If you need help accessing your Schoology account email Academic Affairs at Academics@man.eoc.cuny.edu.
- If you want information about a specific course, contact your instructor. You can get their email and contact information from your course outline or by finding them in the faculty directory.
- If you need help logging into Remind and do not have your instructors’ contact information and cannot find it online please contact your Advisor or Counselor.
- You can also use the live chat feature on our website between 9am and 7pm Monday – Thursday and 9am – 5pm on Friday.
What do I do if I don’t have access to a computer or the internet?
We have a limited number of MEOC Loaner Devices for student use. If you’re in need of a device please contact your Advisor or Counselor. We are not able to provide internet access to students.
What do I do if I can’t keep up or if distance learning is too challenging for me?
Reach out to your instructor or Advisor/Counselor. If you don’t know their contact information email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.