The Manhattan Educational Opportunity Center (MEOC) encourages you to apply and return required documents as soon as you are able. All MEOC programs are offered at no cost to you. In addition, all costs associated with gaining a license, certification, and/or testing in the Career Training programs are covered by the MEOC for students who successfully complete the program.
Applicants regardless of citizenship status or national origin including undocumented and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) students graduating from US high schools are eligible for Manhattan EOC programs.
Prospective students must meet the following requirements:
- demonstrate New York State residency;
- provide income documentation if applying to Career Training programs, College Preparation, or English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). Income documentation is not required for applicants to High School Equivalency (HSE) Preparation programs. Individuals with an income at or below 250% of poverty are encouraged to apply.
- provide educational status in the situations below:
- All Career Training programs require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Submit proof of your high school diploma with your documents
- Applicants who are applying to a High School Equivalency Diploma preparation program are asked to provide their prior high school transcript and/or any former High School Equivalency Exam scores (GED® or TASC)
- Applicants with 33 or more college credits within the last 10 years or with a college degree are not eligible for Manhattan EOC programs except for ESOL and the ATTAIN lab. Applicants to ESOL and the ATTAIN lab are not required to provide their educational status.
How to Apply
Attendance at an Admissions Session is the first step in MEOC’s enrollment process. All prospective students are required to attend an Admissions Session. Please visit our Admissions Sessions page for additional information.
Request for Reasonable Accommodations
The Manhattan EOC provides equal opportunity to all. For prospective students who seek testing or other reasonable accommodations please contact:
Ms. Jacqueline Andrews, Academic Advisor (212) 961-2069 email@example.com