Who is Eligible
- Graduating high school seniors with a minimum 80% of higher average who demonstrates financial need
- Students who show evidence of community or volunteer service
- Must be planning to attend BMCC
Preference will be given to students who pass all three CUNY placement test or are exempt from all three CUNY Placement test
- Complete application on-line;
Please select and answer one on the essay questions below:
- Write an essay describing factors and/or events that have had the most significance in shaping your academic, personal or career goals;
- What life experiences have shaped who you are today and what challenges have you personally overcome in achieving your education (i.e. financial, personal, medical, etc.)
Submit a letter of recommendation from your high school teacher, Guidance Counselor or any adult other than a family member who knows you well. (The recommendation letter must be submitted on-line. Please see the back of this form for instructions on how to request and submit the letters of recommendation). Please note that we will not accept paper recommendations.
Amount: Up to $1600 per semester
How to apply
To access the application, please follow the steps bellow:
STEP 1: Click here
STEP 2: Create an account
STEP 3: Look for Incoming High School Students – BMCC Presidential Scholarship Application and follow the instructions to complete the application.