Amount: Up to $810.00 per semester.
Who Is Eligible
- Be a part-time BMCC student who demonstrates high academic performance and financial need. (All applicants must file for FAFSA regardless of their status)
- Have completed at least 20 non remedial credits by the end of spring 2021 semester and have a 3.3 minimum cumulative GPA
- Students in programs such as ASAP and Out-In-Two are ineligible to apply.
- Attended part-time in at least one of the last 2 semesters (Spring 2021 and fall 2021)
- Complete all remediation by the end of the first semester the scholarship is received.
- Be matriculated for your first degree (please do not apply if you hold an Associate’s, Bachelor’s Master’s or Doctorate degree)
- Students receiving any BMCC scholarship are ineligible to apply.
- Complete application on-line. (See instructions below under information)
- Please select and answer one on the essay questions below:
- a) Write an essay describing factors and/or events that have had the most significance in shaping your academic, personal or career goals;
b) What life experiences have shaped who you are today and what challenges have you personally overcome in achieving your education (i.e. financial, personal, medical, etc.);
- Submit one letter of recommendation, at least one from a faculty or staff member, and the other may come from any adult (other than a family member) who knows you well. (The letters of recommendation must be submitted on-line) The Scholarship Office will not accept paper recommendations.
*If you have a CCT transcript, you do not to submit a recommendation letter.
All you have to do is to simply upload a copy of your Co-Curricular Transcript (CCT) in the “Activities section” of the application.
To request the recommendation, go to page 5 of the on-line application. Enter the recommender’s name and e-mail address in the space provided. As soon as you do, they will receive a link with instructions to write the recommendation on your behalf. It is your responsibility to check in with your recommender to make sure that they received the link.
How to apply
To access the application, please follow the steps below:
1. Visit the BMCC Portal
2. Login (Your login information is your student e-mail login)
3. After you have logged in successfully, click on the “Scholarship Manager” icon.
4. Look for BMCC Scholarship Application-Spring 2022 and click on “Start Application
Now” (Follow the instructions to complete the application).
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
A selection committee reviews all scholarship applications. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic record, career objective, financial need, leadership ability, participation in school activities, and community service.
Conditions for the Scholarship if selected
Students selected for the scholarship must:
• register for at least 6 BMCC credits bearing courses that will be counted towards your major
• complete all remediation by the end of the first semester the scholarship is received.
• maintain at least 6 credits bearing, and a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3)
• volunteer and or provide services for BMCC/Community events.
• Attend MoneyWorks Seminars