BMCC students who receive the Excelsior Scholarship are mentored and supported by Student Success. We will invite you to events to so that you can meet and exchange information with other Student Success cohorts at BMCC.
We will help you prepare and plan for the transfer process to a four year college as well as for your future career. You will be advised about specific Internships and Experiential learning opportunities that you can take advantage of while at BMCC.
- Dedicated support coach to keep you on a 30-credit track
- Specific workshops and personalized newsletter with resources and event invites
- Tuition gap-waiver for eligible students
- New York State Resident and eligible citizen
- Enrolled at Borough of Manhattan Community College (or any New York State public College) as a full-time student (register and successfully complete 30 credits per year towards your degree)
- Household income at or below $110,000
- Plan to live and work in New York State following graduation for the length of time you participate in the scholarship program
Your Next Steps
- File a FAFSA/TAP application
BMCC FAFSA code – 002691
BMCC TAP code – 1404
- File the Excelsior application
- Be sure you are enrolled for 15 credits in each semester (or on a plan to earn 30 credits per academic year).
- Check DegreeWorks to see if you are academically eligible (30 credits completed each year enrolled – current students only)