Single Stop will help you do your taxes for free!
Current BMCC students or parents of a dependent student, alumni, faculty or staff members who have atotal pre-tax household income at or below $54,000 are eligible for free assistance with tax preparation.
This program runs from January 22 through April 25, 2019.
Hours of Operation
11 a.m. – 8:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday
11 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Friday
10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Saturday
Certified tax preparers are on the BMCC main campus for the duration of the tax season to help student in their tax preparation. The preparers file the necessary papers ensuring that the student is aware of any tax credits that they may be eligible to receive. The returns are filed electronically and the preparers make the necessary arrangements for the student to receive any expected refunds either through direct deposit or US mail.
Come see us if you are:
- A registered student at Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Filing as an independent OR someone is claiming you on his or her taxes.
The following documents should be presented when meeting with a tax preparer:
- Government issued photo I.D. for taxpayer and spouse (if applicable)
- Social security cards or everyone listed on the tax return
- W-2 Wages and tax statement for all jobs worked in 2018
- 1099-MISC for any other income received
- 1099-G-Unemployment income received
- 1099-INT Interest Income received
- 1098-T Qualified educational expenses
- 1098-E Student loan interest statement
- 1095-A Health insurance marketplace statement
PLEASE NOTE: If you are claiming the child care credit, you need a letter from the provider with the tax I.D. number or babysitter’s information including social security number. Bank account information (routing and account number) can be provided if you would like to have your refund deposited directly into your account.