- New York State Department of Health
- CUNY’s Health and Wellness Services
- New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
General information about 2019-CoV for Colleges and Health Care facilities
Recommendations for Travelers
If you recently traveled to China, or have had close contact with someone who has recently traveled to China, and have a fever and cough or shortness of breath, you should:
- Seek medical care right away. Before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room, call ahead and tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms.
- After you have been seen by a medical provider, stay home and avoid contact with others until you are well.
- Avoid travel on any public transportation (such as bus, subway, train, or airplane) until the illness resolves.
- Wear a mask if you need to leave your home when sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
Hospital staff will not ask you about your immigration status. You will be seen regardless of ability to pay in New York.