New York Community Trust
To build and sustain strong communities and create economic opportunities for residents of low-income neighborhoods. We support a mix of citywide and local community development activities as well as citywide technical assistance, policy research, and advocacy. We will give priority to projects that promote community participation. Grants are made to projects that:
• Preserve affordable housing in low-income neighborhoods
• Promote strategies for job creation and linking low- income residents to jobs.
• Develop new sources of capital and innovative community development tools.
• Enhance the capacity of community development organizations to function effectively.
• Monitor and document the effects of community and economic development policies on poor communities.
The Trust grants usually range from $5,000 to $200,000; an average grant is around $80,000. Often, a grant from The Trust cannot fully support a project, so they will want to know where the rest of the money will come from.