Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation
The Josiah Macy Foundation is primarily focused on domestic health professional education. The foundation's funding priorities are:
• Improve education for the care of underserved populations, with an emphasis on primary care.
• Demonstrate or encourage inter-professional education and teamwork among healthcare professionals.
• Provide new curriculum content for health professional education, including patient safety, quality improvement, systems performance and professionalism.
• Develop new models for clinical education, including graduate medical education reform.
• Increase faculty skills in health professions education with a special emphasis on the career development of underrepresented minorities.
Board grants are generally one to three years in duration and are selected three times each year at its board meetings. Grants are made only to tax-exempt institutions or agencies no grants are made directly to individuals. The Foundation does not consider requests for general undesignated support, endowments, equipment, construction or renovation projects, capital campaigns and activities outside the United States and its territories.