Covid-19 Student Conduct Protocol
The City University of New York takes the well-being and safety of our students, faculty and staff very seriously. During the pandemic, we all have an obligation to behave in a responsible manner per the guidance approved in your campus’ re-opening plan to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Responsible behavior extends to your off-campus and personal lives, which can affect your ability to transmit the virus on campus.
Article XV of the CUNY bylaws requires that each student obey policies, regulations, and orders of the University/College. Students are reminded that the Rules and Regulations for the Maintenance of Public order pursuant to article 129a of the education law (“Henderson Rules”) prohibits:
- Behaviors that recklessly or intentionally endangers the health of others
- Behavior that interferes with the institution’s educational processes.
- Failure to comply with the direction of a University official
- The University is committed to adhering fully to current and future directives about social encounters from the federal, state and local public health officials. Any student found in violation of these directives may be subject to discipline under article XV of the CUNY bylaws.
Students who believe they may have COVID-19 or have positive test results must notify the Liaison via the COVID-19 reporting form.
- College-Wide Town Hall (07/15/21)
- College-Wide Open Forum (05/18/21)
- Air Filtration at BMCC
- Steps on wearing a surgical mask