There are two kinds of transcripts: Official Transcript and Unofficial Student Copies. More information about both are below. The quickest and most convenient way to send or pick-up a transcript, is to order it online. In most cases, transcripts are sent on the same day as the order is received. If you would like to order online please use the link below:
- It is the policy of BMCC not to provide any transcripts the same day of the request.
- Pick-up requests for transcripts will be held only for 4 weeks.
- The College reserves the right to withhold all information on the record of any student who has not fulfilled financial and other responsibilities to the College, including payment of student loans.
An official transcript is a copy of your academic record with the college’s seal and signature of the Registrar that can be sent to other colleges and institutions. To request a transcript, you can do so in the following ways:
Students are able to order copies of their CUNY-Borough of Manhattan Community College transcript online through Credentials, Inc for pick-up at 199 Chambers Street, Panther Station S-225 or for mail delivery. The cost of a transcript is $7 per copy plus a fee of $2.00 for use of this service. You can choose express shipping via Fedex for an additional fee. You will be notified via email when your transcript order has been completed or if there are any problems completing your order.
If you have questions or problems completing your order, you can contact Credentials customer service at (1-847-716-3005). Credentials hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8am-8pm EST.
You may come to the Panther Stations (S-225) and fill out a transcript request form to have an official transcript sent to other colleges and institutions.
There is a $7.00 fee for transcripts sent to colleges and institutions that are outside CUNY. You can make a payment in-person by cash, money order, or check to the Bursar’s Office S-330. However, there is no fee for transcripts sent to the University Processing Center (UAPC) or to another CUNY College.
Students ordering in person should allow 3 business days for pick up and 5-7 business days for mail delivery.
Please download and complete the Transcript Request Form and mail it to:
Registrar’s Office, Room S-315
Borough of Manhattan Community College
199 Chambers Street
New York, NY 10007
Be sure to include:
– Your full name. (If you have attended BMCC under a different name, please include both.)
– 8 digit CUNYfirst ID or 9 digit Social Security Number
– A $7.00 check or money order should be included for each request sent outside of the CUNY system or the University Application Processing Center (UAPC) *
– Please make checks or money orders out to Borough of Manhattan Community College.
An unofficial transcript is a student copy that the student can request for his/her own records.
Students who have attended from 2003-2013 and are currently enrolled can obtain their student (unofficial) copy of their transcript free of charge through their Student Center in CUNYfirst. However, if you are unable to access your CUNYfirst account, you will need to order your transcript following one of the option above (Online, In-Person, or In-Writing)
To access your unofficial transcript: Go to Self Service → Student Center → Academics → Other Academic drop down → Select Transcript: View Unofficial → Click the Go icon/pointer next to it → Click View Report → Unofficial transcript will open up in a new window.
You must enable pop-ups on your computer when accessing unofficial transcript in CUNYfirst as your transcript opens in a new tab/window.