Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC) sends student enrollment data electronically to the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) during the first week of each semester and subsequently every two weeks.
To conveniently serve BMCC students, we have authorized the NSC to act as our agent for verification of student’s enrollment.
If needed, please click the following link for directions on how to obtain your enrollment verification through NSC: How to Obtain your NSC Enrollment Verification
The following options are available through NSC Self-Service (24 hours a day/7 days a week):
- Obtain an enrollment certificate to print and mail to companies or other agencies that requests proof of enrollment. Note: You can only print current term and/or previous enrollment terms. Future terms are not available via NSC Self-Service. For future terms you can obtain this information through CUNYfirst. Directions are here: How to Obtain your CUNYfirst Enrollment Verification
- View the student loan deferment notifications that the NSC has provided to loan holders (lenders and guarantors).
- View the proof(s) of enrollment that the NSC has provided to other providers of student services or products.
- View specific information about your student loans.
Note: The enrollment verification certificate will not include your personal information (date of birth, SSN, or address) as well as the college’s address.
If your enrollment status was not reported to your lender, you can complete the Enrollment Verification Request form and submit to the Panther’s Station S-225 for processing.
Third Party Certifications
If you are an employer, someone verifying a student scholarship, insurance company or other third party agency needing certification of student enrollment and degree verification at Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC), please note the following:
- The National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) has been authorized to act as our agent for certification of enrollments and degree verifications for students who attended or graduated from BMCC. Please direct all requests for certification of attendance or graduation to the Clearinghouse.
- The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at (703) 742-4200 or by fax along with the student’s signed and dated consent to (703) 742-4239. This service is available 24 hours a day seven days a week, via the Clearinghouse website at www.studentclearinghouse.org.