BMCC offers three types of instruction:
- In Person: All required class meetings occur on campus, during scheduled class meeting times. All In-Person class meeting days/times are listed in the schedule of classes for students.
- Hybrid: In a Hybrid class, online contact hours (Synchronous* or Asynchronous**) displaces some portion of the required contact hours that would normally take place in a scheduled in-person (face-to-face) class. A hybrid class is designed to integrate face-to-face and online activities so that they reinforce, complement, and elaborate one another, instead of treating the online component as an add-on or duplicate of what is taught in the classroom. All In-person and synchronous online class meeting days/times are listed in the schedule of classes for students.
- Online: In an Online class (Synchronous* or Asynchronous**), all required contact hours are online. All the class work, examinations, quizzes, writing assignments, lab work, etc. are fully online. All Synchronous class meeting days/times are listed in the schedule of classes for students.
*Synchronous: Synchronous class meetings resemble traditional on-campus In-Person classes in that students must be (virtually) present at the same time. Though they are conducted virtually, synchronous classes meet in real-time. Students must commit to scheduled class times and sign onto their virtual learning platform on schedule.
**Asynchronous: Asynchronous class meetings do not require students to log in to their virtual classroom at a specified time. Students do not have to follow a strict schedule to engage in live classes or discussions, and the only requirement regarding when they turn in their work is the assignment deadline, not an arbitrary timeline.
The following are the detailed instructions and explanations to help you make your selection criteria.
- You must select an Institution and a Term
- You also must select at least 2 criteria from Class Search and Additional Search
Please be aware that instructor names are often unavailable and/or tentative until the first day of classes because schedules are not firm until that time.
- How to Search for Online/Hybrid Classes
- How to Search for Writing Intensive Classes
- How to Search for Pathways Classes
- How to Search for Winter Classes
- How to Search for Summer Classes
- How to Search for Zero Textbook Cost Courses
- How to search for Honors Courses
Disclaimer: The information provided is for scheduling purposes only. It does not assess whether you are eligible or have permission to take these courses. The information in this Schedule of Classes does NOT guarantee a student will be able to register for a course listed as open, due to the dynamic nature of the registration process.