BMCC’s President’s Fund for Excellence and Innovation is designed to support students, faculty and the entire BMCC community, and to build upon the college’s commitment in three areas: Teaching and Curriculum Initiatives, Innovative Programs, and Transformational Student Support. All of these areas support the strategic priorities identified in BMCC’s 2020-2025 Strategic Plan:
- Improve retention to double degree completion rates, and increase successful transfer and baccalaureate attainment;
- Improve learning through culturally responsive and sustaining pedagogy and support;
- Expand career development leading to meaningful work with family-sustaining wages;
- Achieve equity in student outcomes in a college community in which all members can thrive; and
- Strengthen BMCC’s role in creating an equitably thriving NYC.
The proposal process described is one key source of ideas for projects that are appropriate for funding from the President’s Fund.
The Organizational Structure provides guidance on how proposals will be submitted and reviewed under this process. The submission process is a two-step process that begins with the submission of a Letter of Intent form.
The Letter of Intent forms will provide the appropriate Fund Review Committee and the Steering Committee with an understanding of areas that the BMCC community is interested in exploring through proposed projects and programs, and to determine which, if any, to consider further for implementation that year. Those that best meet the stated criteria and ready for further consideration will be invited to submit proposals on behalf of a team with an identified primary investigator. The proposals will be considered and evaluated using a rubric point system. PLEASE NOTE: Teams notified that their proposal scores reflect a good fit in terms of the stated criteria will be notified by email as to whether the project will be funded that year and/or be provided with further instructions to develop the proposal for future consideration.