Updated July 23, 2020 at 8am.
The BMCC Library is closed until further notice. Many of our services have moved online. Library faculty and staff are available to support students and faculty with online teaching and learning.
Fines and renewals
- Overdue and recall fines will not be charged for books, DVDs, or equipment for the spring 2020 and summer 2020 semesters.
- All items will be automatically renewed up to 9 times.
- All holds on books have been canceled as we will not be able to fulfill them.
- Check your library account from the My Account page in OneSearch to check due dates and renew items. These changes apply to faculty, staff, and students.
- We encourage you to hold onto to any items until re-open. If you would like to return any books, DVDS, or calculators that you have borrowed from the BMCC Library before the Library reopens, you may do so on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10am to 12pm. See our blog post for more information
Accessing library resources from off-campus
To access resources from off-campus you can log in with the barcode on the back of your BMCC ID or your CUNY login (same login as CUNYFirst and Blackboard). If you have problems logging in please contact the circulation staff by email or using the chat on the right hand side of the page.
Access to books and textbooks
There is no access to our physical collections. There are ways for you to find resources, including your course materials:
- The Library’s guide provides a comprehensive list of resources.
- We may be able to get scans of some chapters of certain textbooks from another library through interlibrary loan (ILL). Please submit your request using this form.
- Search in one of our ebook databases or through our search engine, OneSearch. For more information on how to use OneSearch see our guide.
- We may be able to purchase the e-version of some books. Please email us or fill out the Suggest a Title for Purchase form to make a request.
If you need help, please email us or use the chat on the right hand side of the page to contact a librarian.
Online help is available whenever we are open.
- Contact us by using the chat box on the right hand of the screen or via email.
- Text us at 646-798-7510.
- Call (212) 220-1445 and leave a voicemail. Please leave your name and a number and someone will call you back within the same business day.
- Schedule a virtual appointment with a librarian (via Zoom or other platform)
- Search the Library’s frequently asked questions.
- Check out our research guides.
All library instruction is being held virtually using Zoom or other tools as appropriate. Please reach out to Professor Robin Brown (email@example.com) for more information.
Interlibrary loan for scanned articles and book chapters is still open. We will not be able to request any print materials until the Library reopens.