How-to for RingCentral Users
- Option 1- From your web browser, visit RingCentral
- Option 2- Download via app. From the iPhone App store download the RingCentral app (the blue R, with the orange circle around it). From an Android phone, you can download the app from the Google Play store. Once the app is downloaded, click ‘Sign In”, which brings you to a 2nd screen for you to use your single-sign on information. Here’s a quick start guide for iOS: RingCentral app: Quick Start Guide – iOS
- Using the Web/online version, you will choose ‘transfer’ from the More tab. You will then select either “Ask first”, “Transfer” or “Voicemail” to complete.
- From a landline: Option 1- a blind transfer, you will Option 2- a warm transfer you will during an active call, hit the transfer key. Enter the extension you’d like to transfer to, then hit “Dial”. Then hit transfer once again to complete the transfer. Here’s a quick link for Transferring Calls
Call Park allows RingCentral users to place an outbound or inbound call on public call park; and have a user pick up on another phone, by dialing the park location. Here’s a video to help when using this feature: Call Park FAQ *Note: For outbound calls, you can only Park calls to numbers that are not part of the RingCentral network. When using the Park feature, you can only Park for Warm Transfers.
Enter the 10-digit number normally. Please do not dial “9”. The number 9 is not required in RingCentral.
- Option 1- When using the web version, from the ‘Phone” option on the left hand side, select “All Voicemail” from the call history. You’ll then see all voicemails you have received.
- Option 2- When using your actual telephone, pick up the receiver, then hit *86, then enter your Voicemail Pin #.
Once you are on a call, open the app on your alternate iOS device. You will notice a green banner which states “Switch call to this device”. Once you select the green banner, you’ll see another message which confirms your ‘switch’. Here is a very quick video to also show you how easy this process is: Using Call Flip/Call Switch
You will select the message option (the first icon) on the left hand side. Once selected, hit the plus (+) sign next to “Direct Messages”, and enter the name or email address of your BMCC colleague.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tuesday, July 6, 2021
No. Your assigned extension will still be used when dialing out.
No. Just use the RingCentral app on your computer or mobile device.
After 4 failed attempts, you will automatically be locked out for one hour. You may attempt to enter your password after that timeframe; or you may choose to change it so you will not be locked out after your next attempt.
Verify you are using a supported/updated browser which is one of the following:
- Google Chrome: version 41 or higher
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: version 11.x, Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox: version 37 or higher
- Safari: version 7.x or higher
Go to Ringcentral.com, then click the down arrow on the login button and select RingCentral App. Use the same login you use for your BMCC email. You can also access your online account from RingCentral mobile and desktop apps.
Status enables you to detect the phone status of your colleagues and display on your desk phones. Whether using your desk phone, RingCentral mobile apps, or RingCentral desktop apps, you can now share your status by clicking on your initials on the top right corner. Select “Share Status”, then choose your option from the dropdown.
PC/Tablet or Phone with Internet connection is required to access RingCentral. Internet is a must as the RingCentral app has to establish a connection with the RingCentral cloud for a session to go through. You are only able to view archived texts, calls or meeting updates without an Internet connection.
RingCentral receives voicemail and faxes 24/7 and offers multiple ways for you to access them:
- In your online account:
All messages will be saved in your online account. Log in to your account, and your recent messages will be displayed on the Overview page. Click the Play button next to the message you want to hear or View for fax messages.
- Using your RingCentral mobile or desktop apps:
Your RingCentral mobile app and desktop app allow you to retrieve your voicemail, fax, and text messages. Simply click to listen to a voicemail, view a fax, or reply to a text message.
Note: You can also have your messages forwarded to your email and text notification by setting up the notification in your account.
- Faxing will be enabled in later in the year
Log in to your account and in the right column in Quick Links, click on Greetings. Select the New button for the greeting you want to customize and follow the simple on-screen instructions. You can record your new greeting over the phone, using a microphone connected to your computer, or use our default system greetings.
To perform what’s called a “blind transfer” use * (Star) after entering the extension, instead of just the extension. For example:
- Polycom: Hit the More button from the dial pad, then select Transfer -> EXT 0000* -> Transfer
Yes. RingCentral VoIP service is encrypted with secure voice between endpoints on the network—including desk phones, conference phones, RingCentral mobile app and desktop app—to safeguard your day-to-day business communications.
No. Just dial 1 and the number, the number 9 is not required in RingCentral.
Please call 8080 for all on-campus emergencies, so BMCC Public Safety can respond. If you dial 911, the call will go directly to New York City’s emergency call center.