Financial Aid

View FAQs by Category

Financial Aid 101



Federal Work-Study

The Excelsior Scholarship

If I do not have the equivalent of 30 credits per year to be on-track for graduation, can I make them up to qualify?

If you are not on track to complete an associate's degree in two years [which means earning 30 credits each academic year), you can catch up on missing credits to become eligible for an Excelsior Scholarship.  If you successfully earn additional credits during a term in the academic year that gets you back on track to complete your degree on time, you will be eligible for an Excelsior Scholarship going forward for the remainder of your undergraduate degree program.

If you are a College Discovery student, you are considered to be on-track for degree completion if you complete 24 degree credits each academic year.

If you are a student with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the program does not require that you earn 30 credits per year to meet the on-time requirement.  However, the program does require that you successfully complete all credits attempted each semester to fulfill the requirement for on-time completion.

I began college many years ago. Can I re-enroll as a first-year student and receive an Excelsior Scholarship?

  • BMCC logo
The City University of New York

Borough of Manhattan Community College
The City University of New York
199 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
212-220-8000 | Directory

Text Only Version