Financial Aid

View FAQs by Category

Financial Aid 101



Federal Work-Study

Federal Direct Consolidation Loan

How do I consolidate my loans?

Sign in to and access the "Direct Consolidation Loan Applications" link from your "My Account" page.  From here you can begin the application process to consolidate your loans electronically. Alternately, you may click on the "Direct Consolidation Loan" link under "Tools and Resources" on the homepage to begin a paper application process.

Note: If you currently have one or more defaulted federal education loans that are assigned to the U.S. Department of Education for collection, you must go to to begin the consolidation process.

Back to Federal Direct Loan FAQ page

  • BMCC logo
The City University of New York

Borough of Manhattan Community College
The City University of New York
199 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
212-220-8000 | Directory

Text Only Version