Financial Aid

View FAQs by Category

Financial Aid 101



Federal Work-Study

Federal Direct PLUS Loan

What if my parents have trouble making their loan payments?

If you're parents are having trouble making payments on their Direct PLUS Loan, they should contact Federal Student Loan Servicing as soon as possible. They will help your parents choose the best course of action to take. Some options include:

If your parents stop making payments and don't get a deferment or forbearance, their loan account could become delinquent and then go into default, which has serious consequences.

If your parents default on their PLUS Loan:

Can my parents ever get out of repaying this loan?

  • BMCC logo
The City University of New York

Borough of Manhattan Community College
The City University of New York
199 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
212-220-8000 | Directory

Text Only Version