Financial Aid

View FAQs by Category

Financial Aid 101



Federal Work-Study

Aid For Part-Time Study (APTS)

What do I need to know about APTS and the NYS Good Academic Standing requirement?

APTS recipients are subject to the same good academic standing requirements that govern the TAP program (see TAP Progress Chart). You must demonstrate Program Pursuit every semester you receive an APTS award and meet the Academic Progress standard every two semesters. Failure to meet these requirements will result in the loss of your TAP/APTS eligibility.

If you have lost eligibility for APTS due to an academic standing requirement, you can regain your eligibility for APTS and other NYS award programs by any one of the following procedures:

  1. Combine two or more semesters' work, provided that only one of those semesters is paid for through New York State support.
  2. Be readmitted to BMCC after a leave of absence of at least one calendar year.
  3. Transfer to another college. There, you will be eligible to receive New York State awards your first semester.
  4. Apply to the Committee on Academic Standing for a one-time TAP/APTS waiver. If the waiver is approved, you may continue your studies without interruption of New York State program assistance.

Back to Grants page

  • BMCC logo
The City University of New York

Borough of Manhattan Community College
The City University of New York
199 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
212-220-8000 | Directory

Text Only Version