Financial Aid

View FAQs by Category

Financial Aid 101



Federal Work-Study

Aid For Part-Time Study (APTS)

How do I apply?

Apply for APTS by filing a FAFSA and a NYS TAP application.  If you do not complete the TAP-on-the-Web application when you filed your FAFSA-on-the-Web, you will be sent an email with a link to a TAP application after your FAFSA is processed. The NYS TAP Application is necessary in order to consider you for an APTS award.

After you file your NYS TAP Application, CUNY will notify you by email to complete a CUNY Financial Aid Supplement which contains several additional questions needed to determine your eligibility for APTS.

You must complete the APTS application process by an established deadline in order to receive an APTS award. The deadline for the receipt of your application is the 2nd week in September for the fall semester and the 2nd week in February for the spring semester.

How much APTS will I receive?

  • BMCC logo
The City University of New York

Borough of Manhattan Community College
The City University of New York
199 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
212-220-8000 | Directory

Text Only Version