What are the APTS eligibility requirements?
To be considered for APTS, you must:
- Be pursuing an undergraduate degree as a part-time student.
- Be registered for at least 6 credits, or equated credits (with at least 3 of these being degree credits). All credit bearing courses must count toward your degree to be payable under the APTS program.
- Be in good academic standing for New York State award programs (see the NYS Good Academic Standing Charts).
- Be a legal resident of New York State.
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or hold an I-94 visa as a refugee, paroled refugee or conditional entrant.
- Meet the following economic criteria:
- If not eligible to be claimed by parents as a tax exemption, and not claiming dependents of your own, have a total New York State net taxable income of less than $34,251.00.
- If claimed by parents as a tax exemption, or eligible to claim dependents of your own, have a total family net taxable income of less than $50,501.00.
- Have a high school diploma from a U.S. high school, a recognized GED certificate, or receive a passing score on an approved ability-to-benefit test.
- Have not used up undergraduate eligibility for TAP or other New York State financial aid programs for full-time study.
- Be free of debt from any defaulted federal student loan.
How do I apply?