Financial Aid

View FAQs by Category

Financial Aid 101



Federal Work-Study

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

What is the difference between FSEOG and Pell?

For the PELL program, the federal government guarantees that the college will receive enough money to pay PELL to its eligible students. For the FSEOG program, each school receives a fixed amount of money to make FSEOG awards. Once this money is awarded, there is no more for that academic year. It is important that you file your applications early in the academic year so that you get maximum consideration for limited FSEOG funds.

Back to Grants page

  • BMCC logo
The City University of New York

Borough of Manhattan Community College
The City University of New York
199 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
212-220-8000 | Directory

Text Only Version