Financial Aid

View FAQs by Category

Financial Aid 101



Federal Work-Study

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

How do I apply?

Apply for FSEOG by filling out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Refer to the instructions contained on the following pages of this site:

You don't have to indicate on the application that you wish to apply for FSEOG. CUNY automatically considers you for this award if you ask for Federal Work-Study or Federal Perkins Loan assistance. 

Please note that CUNY receives a fixed amount of money each academic year to make FSEOG awards. Once this money is awarded, there is no more for that academic year. FSEOG is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. You must file your FAFSA early to be considered.

How will I know if I have been awarded FSEOG?

  • BMCC logo
The City University of New York

Borough of Manhattan Community College
The City University of New York
199 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
212-220-8000 | Directory

Text Only Version