Financial Aid

View FAQs by Category

Financial Aid 101



Federal Work-Study

Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)

How many semesters can I receive TAP or PTAP?

You may receive TAP for up to 6 semesters (or the equivalent) as an associate degree student. You will be limited to 6 semesters of TAP even if you change majors or transfer to another community college.

When you enroll in a 4 year college program at a senior college, you will become eligible for an additional 2 full-time semesters of TAP bringing your undergraduate total to 8 semesters.

If you are enrolled in a special program, such as College Discovery, you may receive up to 10 semesters (or the equivalent) of TAP as an undergraduate. CD students are not subject to the 6 semester limitation for associate degree students, but must have special program eligibility remaining in order to receive additional TAP payments at BMCC.

Will TAP pay for my summer classes?

  • BMCC logo
The City University of New York

Borough of Manhattan Community College
The City University of New York
199 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
212-220-8000 | Directory

Text Only Version