Financial Aid

View FAQs by Category

Financial Aid 101



Federal Work-Study

Federal Pell Grant (PELL)

Can I get PELL for remedial courses?

You may receive PELL and other forms of federal aid for up to 30 hours of non-credit remedial course work (excluding ESL courses). After you have reached the 30 hour limit on remedial course work, you may not receive PELL or other forms of federal student aid for any additional remedial hours.

Can I get PELL for summer session classes?

  • BMCC logo
The City University of New York

Borough of Manhattan Community College
The City University of New York
199 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
212-220-8000 | Directory

Text Only Version