Financial Aid

View FAQs by Category

Financial Aid 101



Federal Work-Study

Federal Pell Grant (PELL)

What is a Pell Grant?

A Federal Pell Grant is money awarded by the federal government that can be used to pay your tuition, or, if your tuition is covered by other means, help you buy your books and supplies, or pay your transportation costs. PELL is available only to students who have not earned a bachelor's degree or professional certificate.

What are the eligibility requirements?

  • BMCC logo
The City University of New York

Borough of Manhattan Community College
The City University of New York
199 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
212-220-8000 | Directory

Text Only Version