Financial Aid

View FAQs by Category

Financial Aid 101



Federal Work-Study

Federal Perkins Loan

How do I apply?

To be considered for a Federal Perkins Loan, you must fill out a Free Application for Federal Student aid (FAFSA) by an established filing deadline and indicate on it that you are interested in loan assistance. CUNY receives a fixed amount of money each academic year to make Federal Perkins Loans. Once this money is awarded, there is no more for that academic year. Federal Perkins Loans are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. You must file your FAFSA early to be considered.

If you are awarded a Federal Perkins Loan, the award will be posted to your Financial Aid Award Summary page in CUNYfirst.  To view this page, login to your Student Center in CUNYfirst, and click on "View Financial Aid." After the college packages you with your financial aid awards, you will also receive an e-mail award letter that will indicate whether or not you have been awarded a Perkins Loan.

How much can I borrow?

  • BMCC logo
The City University of New York

Borough of Manhattan Community College
The City University of New York
199 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
212-220-8000 | Directory

Text Only Version