Financial Aid

View FAQs by Category

Financial Aid 101



Federal Work-Study

Federal Perkins Loan

What is a Federal Perkins Loan and who can get one?

Federal Perkins Loan is a low interest (5%) loan awarded by CUNY to help you meet your educational expenses. A Federal Perkins Loan is money that is borrowed and must be repaid with interest. It is not a grant.

To receive a Perkins Loan, you must meet the eligibility requirements for federal financial aid described in the PELL FAQ. Freshmen (entering or first year) are not considered for Federal Perkins Loans.

How do I apply?

  • BMCC logo
The City University of New York

Borough of Manhattan Community College
The City University of New York
199 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
212-220-8000 | Directory

Text Only Version