Financial Aid

View FAQs by Category

Financial Aid 101



Federal Work-Study

Federal Work-Study Program (FWS)

Can I choose where I would like to work?

Yes. If you receive a FWS award, you will come to the Financial Aid Office at the beginning of the term for placement. You will have the opportunity to select and submit a job application for a work-study assignment from our on-line job bank.

You will be interviewed by a prospective employer and, if your hiring is approved by both the employer and the FWS placement office, you will be able to begin to work.

Can I earn as much money as I want?

  • BMCC logo
The City University of New York

Borough of Manhattan Community College
The City University of New York
199 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
212-220-8000 | Directory

Text Only Version