Financial Aid

View FAQs by Category

Financial Aid 101



Federal Work-Study

Federal Work-Study Program (FWS)

Where would I work?

To the maximum extent possible, the FWS Placement Office will try to place you in a job that complements or reinforces your educational program or career goals.

You may work either on-campus in one of the departments of the College or off-campus at a number of non-profit community service agencies affiliated with CUNY. Also, there may be opportunities to work at selected companies in the private sector that choose to participate in the program.

Where you work will depend on the amount of your award, class schedule, job skills and the availability of suitable work-study positions. If you receive a small award or have a heavy class schedule, you will usually be placed on-campus.

Can I choose where I would like to work?

  • BMCC logo
The City University of New York

Borough of Manhattan Community College
The City University of New York
199 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
212-220-8000 | Directory

Text Only Version