Nikolaos K. Adamou
Office Hours: M/T/ W 8:30 - 9:15 am
Phone: +1 (212) 220-8220
Quantitative Methods, Greek Politics, Finance and Banking , Database Management, Byzintine Music & Pythagorean Mathematics, Biblical Greek, Applied Statistics, Algebraic and Numerical Computation
- Doctorate in Philosophy Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY., Managerial Economics,
- M.S. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY., Economics,
- B.A. Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki, School of Law and Economics, Greece. , Economics with concentration in Public Law,1981
- This course is designed to develop the student?s ability to make decisions as a manager. Cases are used to present the student with a variety of management problems. Students participate in oral and written case analysis which requires identification of the problem, proposal of alternative solutions to it, and the choice of one solution based on criteria of profitability and productivity. Students also participate in a management simulation game.
Prerequisite: BUS 210
- This is a class that will focus on a variety of timely and historical environmental and social justice issues related to sustainability at the local, national, and global level. We will read essays, fiction and poetry that establish the field of ecocriticism, then draw on readings and films that have expanded ecocriticism to include environmental justice, urban nature and we shall view films on themes related to the readings.
Prerequisite: ENG 201
- This course focuses on the three general areas of 1) money and financial institutions, 2) business financial management, and 3) investments. These areas are surveyed by covering such topics as value and creation of money, the Federal Reserve System, commercial banks, short and medium term financing, and the behavior of securities markets in relation to financing the business enterprise.
Prerequisites: MAT 051 or exemption from Elementary Algebra.
- This course is an analysis of the organization and operation of our financial system, including money and capital markets, commercial banking, and other financial institutions such as commercial finance companies. The relationship between financial and economic activity including monetary and fiscal policy is demonstrated.
Prerequisite: FNB 100 or ECO 100 or ECO 201 or ECO 202
Research and Projects
- God remember all of US (or YOU)? textual critisism in the Orthodox Liturgy,Book – ZYGOS Publications
- Reading Ecclesiastical Biblical Greek,Book – Zygos Publications
Honors, Awards and Affiliations
Greek Grammar during the Alexandrian & Byzantine periods
>President, Chairman of the Board, & CEO, Regional Health Care System of Epirus, Hellenic Republic, Ministry of Health & Welfare, 2001