- This event has passed.
Virtual Make-a-thon: Develop Software for Social Good and Innovation
Join us on May 7, 3 -5 p.m., for the BMCC fall 2020 virtual Make-a-thon for Social Good and Innovation. The goal of this workshop is to engage our BMCC students virtually to develop software for social good.
Space is limited. Students must register to receive the ZOOM link to participate and receive BMCC Co-curricular credit.
Register: https://bit.ly/bmccmakeathondemosp21 to receive a Zoom link to join the Make-a-thon.
- Career panels: Learn From industry Professionals about starting career
- See Presentations from bmcc spring 2021 Virtual Make-A-Thon: for Social Good and Innovation Student Teams
- Practical Solutions to Global Problems from United Nations Sustainable Goals:
- Zero hunger
- Clean water and sanitation and responsible production
- Green consumption
- Quality education
- good health and well being and
- Racial justice
- Reviews from seasoned IBM and Industry experts
Who Can Join
Programming experience is preferred but not required. One of the goals of this initiative is to offer opportunities to our students to get engaged in informal learning and develop collaborative projects beyond the classroom to acquire skills that are required by industry.