- This event has passed.
Online Free Workshop: Microsoft Word (Students Only)
Do you need to type a paper for class? Need Help Getting Started?
Microsoft Word is a word processing program used to create professional documents, reports, letters, newsletters and résumés. The workshop is designed to introduce students to an array of formatting tools and tips in Microsoft Word.
In the Beginners workshop, you will learn how to:
- Explore the functionality of the ribbon
- Create a variety of documents, such as an essay, reports, a calendar etc.
- Distinguish between Cut, Copy, and Paste and learn their keyboard shortcuts
- Change font formatting, adjust line spacing, proofing tools to check spelling and grammar, get word counts, and more
- Use Word styles to help save time creating consistent and well-designed documents
- Insert links, images, shapes and charts—including SmartArt graphics and elements imported from other Office apps, such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Format documents in APA and MLA style
- Generate a reference page also known as a work cited page
In the Intermediate workshop, you will learn how to:
- Learn the purpose of headers and footers and how to use them
- Learn the advantages of columns and tables and how to use them
- Collaborate and share documents via OneDrive, email, and Google Docs
- Save document for personal, professional, educational or webpage use
Join us for a Zoom workshop. The Meeting ID is: 2734567832
Looking forward to seeing you there!
The Learning Resource Center provides a variety of online workshops and tutoring options for BMCC students.
For more information, please contact Leticia Dinkins at email@example.com.
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Learning Resource Center
BMCC Students Only