The Advocacy and Resource Center (ARC) is offering tax preparation assistance to the BMCC community. Current BMCC students or parents of a dependent student, alumni, faculty or staff members who have a total pre-tax household income at or below $73,000 are eligible for free assistance with tax preparation. If spouses filing jointly must both be present.
This program usually runs from January 31 through April 13, 2022.
In person Services
Monday and Wednesday
10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
10-6 p.m./11-7 p.m./10-4 p.m.
Bring the following documents with you: Please note this is not a complete list of tax documents, but are the ones most commonly received by tax payers. If you receive any other tax forms please bring these in as well.
- Government issued photo identification for taxpayer and spouse (If applicable)
- Social security cards for everyone on the return (Original, copy, or electronic)
- W-2 Wages and tax statement for all jobs worked in 2021
- 1099-MISC for any other income received
- 1099G Unemployment income received
- 1099-INT Interest income received
- 1098T Qualified educational expenses
- 1098E Student loan interest statement
- 1095-A, B, C, Health insurance marketplace statement
- If claiming the child care credit, need letter from provider with tax ID number or babysitter’s information including social security number
- Bank account information (routing and account number) if you would like to have your refund deposited directly into your account
If you have any questions, contact the Advocacy and Resource Center (ARC) at (212) 220-8195 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 31 -
12:00 AM -
The BMCC Community