The Advocacy and Resource Center (ARC) is offering tax preparation assistance to BMCC students. Currently enrolled BMCC students who have a total pre-tax household income at or below $73,000 are eligible for free assistance with tax preparation. If married filing jointly, both spouses must be present.
This program runs from January 23 through April 17, 2023.
In person service:
Monday, Tuesday, Friday
9:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Self-Prep (Feb 6 – April 10):
Mondays via Zoom (Registration Required)
9-12 p.m.and 1-4 p.m.
- You must be a current BMCC student and have a total pre-tax household income at or below $73,000.
- Spouses filing jointly must both be present without exception.
Bring the following documents with you: Please note this is not a complete list of tax documents, but are the ones most commonly received by tax payers. If you receive any other tax forms please bring these in as well.
- Government issued photo identification for taxpayer and spouse (If applicable)
- Social security cards for everyone on the return (Original, copy, or electronic)
- W-2 Wages and tax statement for all jobs worked in 2021
- 1099-MISC for any other income received
- 1099G Unemployment income received
- 1099-INT Interest income received
- 1098T Qualified educational expenses
- 1098E Student loan interest statement
- 1095-A, B, C, Health insurance marketplace statement
- If claiming the child care credit, need letter from provider with tax ID number or babysitter’s information including social security number
- Bank account information (routing and account number) if you would like to have your refund deposited directly into your account
If you have any questions, contact the Advocacy and Resource Center (ARC) at (212) 220-8195 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 23 -
12:00 AM -
BMCC Students Only