- This event has passed.
Free Virtual Tax Assistance for BMCC Community
Receive virtual tax assistance filing your tax return for free.
Representatives from the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance will help you prepare and e-file your income tax return virtually during a webinar Zoom session at no cost.
Zoom sessions will be held every Monday, starting February 22, 2021 and ending April 12, 2021.
- If you earned $72,000 or less in 2020, you qualify.
- Safe and secure online tax software.
- Tax Department employees will walk you through your income tax returns, step-by-step – as you complete your own tax return. It’s quick and easy!
- Use your own lap-top, desktop or tablet
- Must have access to a smart phone or webcam to verify identity.
- You only need basic computer skills and an active e-mail account.
Register for a session on one of the following dates:
February 22, March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 and April 5, 12. Sessions are from 9 a.m. 12 p.m. and from 1 – 4 p.m.. You must pre-register and schedule an appointment.
What you need to file your tax return:
- An active email-account.
- Photo ID – driver license, state-issued non-driver ID, NYC ID or passport (for you and your spouse, if filing jointly)
- Social Security number for you, your spouse, and your dependents
- Proof of all income (wages, unemployment, interest and dividend statements):
- Forms W-2, 1099, 1099-Misc, 1098, K-1
- any other documents showing additional income, including self-employed and cash income.
- Forms 1095-A, B, or C, Healthcare Statement.
- Information related to any credits you’re claiming.
- Copy of your 2019 tax return or the federal adjusted gross income (FAGI) from your 2019 return – if you file a return.
- For direct deposit, please have your banking information (Account number and the routing number for your bank.)
February 22 - April 12
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Advocacy and Resource Center
The BMCC Community