- This event has passed.
Career Development Panel: Careers in the Courts
Come and join us for an informative and engaging presentation from criminal justice professionals who work in the Court System. Students will have the opportunity to interact with our panelists in a questions and answers (Q&A) session!
Panelists who will be speaking to students are:
- Bryn Whittle, Senior Counsel to the Attorney General and Director of Community Engagement. She previously served as the Special Assistant to the Attorney General on community engagement and community justice initiatives. Prior to joining the Department of Law and Public Safety, Ms. Whittle was a sole practitioner and served as the Municipal Prosecutor of the Township of West Orange, New Jersey. Earlier in her career, Ms. Whittle was a Senior Staff Attorney with the Community Health Law Project, a statewide legal services organization dedicated to the advocacy and representation of low-income, disabled New Jersey residents, for sixteen years. While there, she was a longtime member of the Advisory Committee on Minority Concerns for the Essex Vicinage and the Dean’s Diversity Council of Seton Hall University School of Law. Ms. Whittle is a graduate of Rutgers University and Seton Hall University School of Law.
- John A. Montero, Senior Court Clerk at the NY County Supreme Court with 17 years experience where he began his career as a certified Spanish interpreter. As a peace officer his tasks involve assisting the judge with the management of a court part, including supervising court staff, court officers, reviewing filings and submissions for compliance, and processing all outgoing court orders. His current assignment is in the integrated domestic violence part, focusing on criminal, matrimonial, and family cases that arise out of domestic violence incidents.
Register for this event.
- Go to zoom.us/join or download Zoom IOS or Android app.
- Enter the ID of the workshop you would like to attend on the scheduled date and time.
- Please also enter your first and last name upon entering the meeting.
- You will then be messaged via the Zoom Group Chat to enter your BMCC email address.
CCT: Attend 2 or more Career Development workshops for Co-Curricular Transcript (CCT) credit.
5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Career Workshops/Fairs, Co-Curricular Transcript, Criminal Justice, Featured, Student Affairs
The BMCC Community