Admission is closed for Spring 2020.
If you submitted a Spring 2020 CUNY Application or a Spring Direct Application before January 13, we may still be working to process your application. Please use the “track your application” steps near the bottom of this page to check your application status.
How to Apply Directly to BMCC
1. Submit a Direct Admission Application online and pay the application fee.
Before you start, you may want to have the following items available to help you fill out your application.
- Social Security number (if you do not have one, you can still apply!)
- High school and/or college transcripts
- Debit or credit card
- Paper and pen or a password-keeper app to record the CUNYfirst ID you will create before you start your application
Fees: Freshman application = $65. Transfer application = $70.
Start your Direct Admission Application.
2. Save your CUNYfirst login information.
You will use your CUNYfirst ID and password to log in to access information about your application, transfer credits (if you attended college before), and financial aid package. Record it in a safe place, and keep it handy!
3. Send school transcripts.
You are halfway there! After submitting a CUNY application and paying the fee, send us official transcripts from all schools you have attended to finish up your application. If you have GED or TASC credentials, request a duplicate copy of your transcript.
There are two ways you can give us this information:
- Self-service submission: Work with your school or testing agency to send transcripts to BMCC. During the Direct Application period send your transcripts to the following:
Mail printed documents to: Send digital documents to: BMCC Admissions
199 Chambers Street,
New York, NY 10007
- Guided submission: Visit campus to get assistance submitting transcripts. Bring original, sealed versions of high school, GED/TASC, and/or college transcripts to our front desk at 199 Chambers Street. A Panther Station representative will be happy to help you.
NOTICE: If you attended a high school or college outside the United States, your school transcripts must be translated into English and evaluated for equivalency with U.S. education standards. View your translation and evaluation options.
4. Check your email for a decision letter.
Congratulations! You have finished your application to BMCC. We will send an admissions decision to your email inbox as soon as we can.
How long do I have to wait?
- Priority Deadline applicants: Decisions for spring semesters are sent beginning November 1.
- Other applicants: Freshman applicants can expect to get an admission decision two to three weeks after your transcripts are received by BMCC. Scroll down to see how you can check if we have your transcripts.
If you are transferring to BMCC from another college, or if you sent in transcripts from a school outside the United States, your application will take a little longer to process. Expect to hear from us in four to six weeks.
Track your Application
You can check your application status at any time online. Use CUNY’s tracking tool, or our customized Panther VIP page to review details of your application, see if your transcripts were received, and look out for that admissions decision.