All students applying to BMCC Study Abroad Programs must meet the following requirements at the time of application:
- Matriculated and enrolled at an accredited college or university
- Completion of 12 college credits and the prerequisites for the desired study abroad program
- Overall GPA of 2.75 or higher
We encourage students of all citizenships to apply! International students on an F-1 visa will work with the International Student Services Office at BMCC to secure the necessary immigration documents to reenter the United States.
Non-BMCC students: work with your home school Registrar to obtain an e-Permit for a BMCC Study Abroad Course.
Deadlines for BMCC Summer Study Abroad Programs:
- Study Abroad Application: February 18, 2020
- Letters of Recommendation: February 24, 2020
- Program Deposit of $250: March 23, 2020
- Remaining Program Fee: April 6, 2020
Application: opens December 2019
Students must submit the following by the application deadline:
- Online Application (BMCC students will need to use their BMCC log-in information)
- Non-BMCC students submit a different application.
- Unofficial or official transcript uploaded to application
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- List recommender’s information in the online application, and the recommender will be prompted to submit an electronic reference by the deadline.
- At least one recommendation must be from a faculty member. The second may be from an Academic Advisor or College Administrator with whom the student has worked closely.
- Learn how financial aid and scholarships work for study abroad.
- Complete the SPARC Online Training – if admitted to study abroad, this will be required to secure your spot in the program. Log into Blackboard to access the training.
- Renew or get a new passport – a valid passport is not required to apply for study abroad, but if admitted, you will need one immediately. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the end date of the program.