The New York University (NYU) Community College Transfer Opportunity Program (CCTOP) is a scholarship and advisement program designed to help community college students transfer into one of the following six divisions of NYU:
- School of Professional Studies Division of Applied Undergraduate Studies
- Rory Meyers College of Nursing
- Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development
- Silver School of Social Work
- College of Arts and Science (Humanities Majors only)
- NYU Tisch School of the Arts (BFA in Interactive Media Arts)
BMCC is one of over a dozen community colleges that partners with NYU through this opportunity. CCTOP has enrolled over 2,000 students from partner community colleges with a tremendous rate of success. This program also assists students in preparing for, financing and transitioning into NYU. For detailed financial aid and scholarship information, please visit the CCTOP website.
Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible for this program:
- Be a full-time student for at least a year or a part-time student for 30 consecutive credits at BMCC.
- Be nominated online by a member of the BMCC faculty or administration. See the online nomination form.
- Meet the minimum cumulative GPA for the intended school at NYU:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for admissions to the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development, the Silver School of Social Work, College of Arts and Science (Humanities Majors only), and Tisch School of the Arts (BFA in Interactive Media Arts only).
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 for the School of Professional Studies Division of Applied Undergraduate Studies and the Rory Meyers College of Nursing.
- Have a minimum of 60 transferable credits towards your intended degree at NYU.
- Complete the undergraduate admissions process and be offered admission to one of the participating divisions at NYU.
- Complete the FAFSA and/or CSS Profile.