Welcome to Borough of Manhattan Community College
New full-time faculty at BMCC are invited to an orientation session on August 25, from 1 to 4 p.m. and August 28, from 10-11:30 a.m. via Zoom. The tentative agenda is below.
In addition, two Welcome Week events will take place virtually on August 26 and 27. Details will be announced shortly. New faculty are also strongly encouraged to attend those two events.
Finally, programming for faculty joining us this fall or in the previous two years, are encouraged to attend a series of workshops and discussion on Fridays in Fall Semester. The schedule will be posted here soon.
Tuesday, August 25, 1-4 p.m. via Zoom
Welcome and Introductions
- Karrin E. Wilks, Interim President
- Erwin Wong, Acting Provost and Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Jim Berg, Associate Dean of Faculty
Getting to Know BMCC Students
- Marva Craig, Vice President for Student Affairs
- Michael Hutmaker, Dean for Student Affairs
Faculty Guide to Services for Students
Classroom Management, Behavioral Issues, Student Policies | Faculty Handbook
Friday, August 28, 10-11:30 a.m. via Zoom
- Invited guests from the Office of Human Resources and the Professional Staff Congress (PSC-CUNY).