To protect the health and safety of our students and employees the Service Desk has gone virtual. For assistance, call (212) 220-8379, during the hours of 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday. Submit a request or ask a question by sending an email to email@example.com.
The E-Learning Center has created a website to prepare students to participate in distance learning. It includes frequently asked questions, tips for success, how to access and participate in Blackboard courses, how to use Zoom Web Conferencing, and other useful information.
What to Start Doing to Transition to Distance Learning.
To be prepared for the transition to distance education, take the following actions now:
- Be on the lookout for emails from your professors about their plans for continuing their course and make notes of what each professor will require. Be sure your primary email is up to date in your CUNYfirst account. Click here for instructions.
- Develop a plan for your access to the internet, laptops, tablets and phones in order to complete your coursework. Campus computer labs are currently open if you have limited access at home. Check out a few Online Learning Tips for Students (created by Matthew Hurwitz, UMass Lowell, 12 March 2020).
- Make sure that you can log into all the BMCC systems (CUNYfirst, Blackboard, BMCC email, DegreeWorks, Zoom and the BMCC Portal) that you might need from your home computer and other devices. Contact the BMCC Service Desk for assistance if you encounter any problems.
- Make sure to keep your devices charged.
- Check BMCC’s website for updates.
Emergency Preparedness Support
BMCC Service Desk
Step-by-step instructions on how to turn your in-person classroom into a course in Blackboard.
During class disruptions or emergencies, Zoom can help you connect with your instructors for online class meetings, office hours, or group activities. Learn how to sign up for a free account. You’ll also learn the basics of accepting invites, participating in meetings, and other useful information.